Thank you for your interest in The Math & Science High School. Last year, Chesterfield County Public Schools adopted a new online application System. Starting on October 14, 2022 families will have the ability to create an account to submit an application to the MathSci Specialty Center using CCPS Opportunities. Along with your transcripts and recommendations being completed through this system, CCPS will also distribute acceptance and wait-list notifications.
When completing your application be sure to:
- Include all of your activities and interest
- Ask a math or science teacher (preferably 7th or 8th) for a recommendation.
- Ask a second "core" (included a high school level foreign language) teacher for a recommendation.
- Give you best effort on the Winter Maps: Math and VDOE/CCPS Reading Assessment
- Complete the MathSci Assessment in January.
- Communicate with the MathSci Office if you have any questions.
A local admissions committee will consider the following criteria in making admissions decisions:
- Proper math placement entering the program
- Must have completed Algebra I
- Middle School Transcripts
- Grades and Rigor
- Complete MathSci Placement Assessments...
- Strong application, demonstrating leadership, community service, participation in activities, awards and other interests
- A confidential recommendation from an math or science teacher (preferably 7th or 8th)
- A second confidential recommendation from a middle school academic teacher
- English, Math, Science, History, or World Language
Admissions Testing (2022-2023)
We will use standardized test scores to assess your present level of performance in reading and math (MAPs: Math and VDOE Reading). A Critical Thinking Prompt will be distributed to all applicants in January to complete. If you are applying from a private school or home school, the MathSci Office will contact you to set up testing.
- Acceptances and Wait Lists will be distributed through CCPS Opportunities in March.
- Shadowing for Accepted and Wait-Listed traditionally is held in March prior to the return of Letters of Intent (if permitted).
- Wait list admissions begins following the March 27th deadline for initial offers. We will continue offering placement of open seats through until the start of the new school year.